I foresee a great merge between the digital architecture found within our personal computers and the virtual communication methods necessary for the success of this studio environment for the upcoming semester. The prospect of this merge becomes an exciting challenge, and I think one of my main goals for this semester is to remain challenged. I do not have any doubt in my mind that this semester will challenge me completely, and I am definitely looking forward to this challenge. For me, my time abroad in Genova developed a constant desire to critically observe/analyze the built environment, and I truly believe this semester will offer new insight into the necessary skill of observation due to the virtual nature of the studio.
The whole idea of the mega becomes hard to fathom initially, but as the studio begins to search out different areas of the mega, I think that we'll find that the idea of mega has been engrained in most of us, not only through architecture, but through most facets of our daily lives (such as the hyperconsumerism that Ron discussed in the video conference today).
Overall, I have very high expectations of success for this studio. The technology behind the class becomes somewhat daunting for me, but hopefully, this semester will breed a new form of architect within me: the archi"TECHIE".
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment